1. Sewing Machine Update: I received a phone call today around 4:30 pm, 30 minutes before the shop across town was closing, letting me know that my machine is in fact back in London. I'm picking up tomorrow and hoping to get a refund on my "extended warranty" which is really just an "extended cleaning service" as it includes no parts, etc... that $190+ will go back into our slush fund. Not happy with the service I received whatsoever. My machine was gone for 2 days less than an ENTIRE month. I'll update tomorrow with how that goes over...
2. Black Friday Shopping: People are honestly bat sh*t crazy. Reading the news on FB, I cannot believe what some people will go through and do to other people to save a few bucks. Totally INSANE. I myself did a bit of "Black Friday" shopping... last night at 11:59 pm, I logged into Best Buy and bought hubby his Christmas present. I was in my pj's, snuggled under my blanket, warm & comfy. It took me all of 4 minutes. That's my kind of shopping.
3. Christmas Decorating & Custom Orders: I'm ashamed to admit this, but my living room is STILL not fully decorated. Seriously. I have 2 1/2 custom orders left on my list and I am DONE for December. I desperately need TIME to catch up with things around the house. Customs have totally taken over... I need to come up with a new plan which combines a certain amount of custom orders a week along with a few RTS items. So my goal for December is to come up with a reasonable sewing schedule which doesn't interfere with life, but allows me to earn a bit of needed extra income while still putting my family first.
4. The Weather is Depressing: The sun rarely shines anymore... it's always overcast, grey & dreary. I'm pretty sure I have S.A.D. as the winter months drag & drag for me. And it will only get worse as winter drags on for months... it hasn't even started yet and i'm sick of the cold. *sigh* It's hard to be productive & 'chipper' when it's always so "blah". How do you counteract the drab weather? Besides moving to Phoenix. ;)
5. Handmade Christmas Gifts anyone? I have an album of "RTS" (ready to ship) pouches which have been created & are ready to be sent onto new homes! For Black Friday i'm offering $5.00 off of each pouch. A great deal and something handmade & beautiful for a special someone!! :)
What your *Five Things Friday?*