My sewing for today: 10 tea wallets for the Merry Makers Fair!
Good Morning! I haven't done an update regarding our budget for a while so I thought i'd do so in bullet form anyways...
- Our savings are still sitting where they were 2 months ago, well with added interest for 2 months. The downpayment we have saved is collecting interest & our EF is in an account where we can get to it faster & easier if needed. We haven't added anything while paying for Christmas at all.
- My hope is that I can add the profits from the Merry Makers Fair to our savings account & start saving regularly with savings goals each month in January.
- We have a new budget for January as we've had increases in a couple of our bills. Rent & Union Gas both went up, so i've had to juggle a few things to accomodate for the difference.
- I think i'm going to go for a "low/no spend January", which means the only spending will be on *NEEDS*, no "wants", which i've been very liberal with over the last couple of months. Eek!
- Our slush fund (sinking funds) are sitting at just a hair over $1K which isn't too bad for this time of year. With all the gifts i've purchased for Christmas i'm happy to see this! This will be nice moving into January!
- We have other savings set aside to help our son in January, so our slush fund won't be touched for that thankfully.
- The cost of groceries here in Canada are expected to go up. Again. No surprise to me as we're dealing with multiple food allergies here, our grocery bills are never "low/cheap". Beans & rice don't fly here... we have to shop according to our diets and unfortunately that means always having our food items cost more.
- I want to come up with an "envelope/jar" type budget method for January again. So i'll allot so much of our weekly budget to groceries, so much to misc, and so on... I always find that so hard to stick to, but I think i'm going to give it a go for the month anyways and see how I do!
- Since my Christmas shopping is done, I have a few things left to purchase this month (bus tickets for my son to come home for Christmas - any time he wants to come home I offered to help!) and a few other odds & ends, but i'm hoping to finish off the year on a high note!
- We sent our World Vision sponsor child an extra donation for Christmas and I can't wait to see what he receives! Since we can't send actually gifts to them, you send extra $$ and World Vision along with his family decide on a perfect gift for him! We receive an update with a photo after Christmas! This is my favourite thing to do each year!!
- I posted a few photos of the beautiful Christmas/Holiday decor at Masonville Centre here on Instagram a couple of weeks ago (#CFHolidayMagic) simply because I thought it was too pretty not to share! Well apparently they loved my photos and are sending me a gift card to help finish off any Christmas shopping I have left on my list! Thank-you very much!
And on that note, i'm off! I need to finish off my housework before noon so I can put my machine to work after I feed the girls lunch! Have a fabulous day!