I had 44 responses to my Secret Sister Swap! To those of you who took the survey, thank-you!! I will be taking into account all the answers to the survey and will do my best to be accomodating and make it easy for everyone to join in the fun! :)
Here are the responses:
1. Are you interested in a secret sister swap?
- Yes - 32
- No - 0
- Maybe - 12
2. Are you willing to send internationally?
- Yes - 28
- No - 16
3. Would you be interested in swapping either new or gently used books?
- Yes - 28
- No - 16
4. Would you be interested in swapping a handmade item?
- Yes - 27
- Maybe - 6
- No - 11
5. Would you be interested in swapping snack foods, coffee, teas, etc... ?
- Yes - 34
- No - 10
6. How much time from the time you receive your secret sister match would you like to send out your pkg?
- 1 week - 7
- 2 weeks - 25
- 3 weeks - 12
7. Is there anything else you'd like to see included in the swap pkg?
- something personal, (eg favorite poem, image, moment of the day, memory)
- Crafting supplies if we can find out what our secret sister enjoys doing.
- Some kind of fun whimiscal item.
- I can't think of anything as I am new to this.
- Something "signature" of where they live. It can be incorporated into the above.
- Recipes, Magazines
- Maybe something indulgent like a spa type thing...maybe something not liquid of course. What about a kitchen thing?
- Something from their home town, like a post card, local newspaper, etc
- Recipe or cleaning tip that may help the receiver.
- Maybe some related to the secret sister, something like child stickers...
- I think you've pretty much covered it. Maybe a letter.
8. Would you like to see a spending limit on the pkg? Or leave it up to the senders discretion?
- Yes - 33
- No - 11
9. Is there anything else you'd like to add that I may have missed? It's been known to happen.. ;) lol!
- I would be happy to swap food and/or books for someone else's homemade item...trust me they do not want one of mine. :)
- always add a piece of chocolat?? ;-)
- I've never done one so I wouldn't know! :)
- Just not sure about sending internationally.
- Are you thinking of a certain theme, or just a general swap?
- What exactly is a secret sister?
- A few of us have allergies or things that we cannot bring in our homes, so having a way to convey that to our Sister would be helpful. I've used elfster in the past to do "secret santa's"..would that help?
- I think books might be too heavy for a package
- Might be hard to send foods internationally - crafting things might be nice
Now to answer a few of the questions...
1. "always add a piece of chocolat??" ;-)
Well, this is just a given! ;) lol!!
2. Just not sure about sending internationally.
For those who would like/need to save on postage costs I totally understand this. I will be sending out a questionaire to everyone who joins and you can state your shipping preferences on your questionaire. I will accomodate everyones preferences as much as possible.
3. Are you thinking of a certain theme, or just a general swap?
I'm thinking a "general" swap. I will be letting everyone know who they are sending to so they can scope out their partners blog, browse through the questionaire replies, etc...
4. What exactly is a secret sister?
A secret sister swap is a swap where you send your sister a pkg. of goodies but it's kept secret until they receive their pkg. and you let them know who they are. You can leaves comments on their blog, send emails, etc.. until they receive their pkg, but it has to be done in secret! :) So no letting the cat out of the bag!! lol!
5. A few of us have allergies or things that we cannot bring in our homes, so having a way to convey that to our Sister would be helpful. I've used elfster in the past to do "secret santa's"..would that help?
I will have a place on the questionaire to fill in any food allergies/intolerances. I understand this as receiving something scented kicks my asthma into high gear! So we want to keep our secret sisters safe & happy!! :)
And I think that about covers everything! (I hope!) I will be putting up the "rules" and a "sign-up" sheet tomorrow for everyone to join in! :)