Chai Tea Soap!!
More of the wonderful soap recipes included on the back cover!
Here's some information on The Natural Soap Chef:
Make your own luxe soaps with The Natural Soap Chef!
Transform your bath from ordinary to extraordinary with homemade luxurious soaps! The Natural Soap Chef will lead you step by step through the DIY soap process. You'll turn wonderful, aromatic ingredients into beautiful, soothing soaps - all in your kitchen!
Featuring the cold process soap-making method, The Natural Soap Chef is packed with easy-to-follow instructions and photos for dozens of inovative recipes:
- Rosemary Olive Oil Soap
- Almond Cookie Soap
- Chocolate Souffle Soap
- Pink Grapefruit Soap
- Chai Tea Soap
- Ocean Rain Soap
- Pina Colada Soap
- Cucumber Melon Soap
- Cranberry Pomegranate Soap
- Apple Butter Soap
- .... and more!
"The book will inspire the burgeoning soap maker within you! You'll learn, create, experiment, and have your own soap-making adventure!" says author and avid soap maker Heidi Corley Barto. "Making Soap is a great hobby, it's a wonderful way to be artistic and utilitarian at the same time. Use my recipes. Create your own. And, most importantly, have fun!!
My thoughts on the book? It is seriously FAN-TAS-TIC!!! My daughter and I have poured over the book and have picked out our favourites & "must-try" recipes!!
What I love about the book:
1. It gives you COMPLETE step by step PHOTO & Material lists. There is no "guessing" involved.
2. The recipes are clearly laid out and there is definitely something for everyone!
3. She gives you packaging & presentation suggestions!
4. There's a checklist of needed materials that you can photocopy & take with you on your "soap" shopping trip!
5. She tells you about how she got started with soap-making, adds interest to the book!
6. There is a photo for each & every single soap recipe.
Overall, I love it and highly recommend this book! It sells for a mere $12'ish on Amazon.ca and probably even less in the U.S. I'm already thinking of all the wonderful gifts i'll be able to make with this book! :) My daughter & I are planning on a shopping trip soon to hunt down the materials to start on our own soap-making adventure! :)
Do you use organic & natural ingredients in your body-care products? Have you ventured in making your own soaps & body-care products yet? What scent in Heidi's soap recipes appeals to you the most?
*This book was provided to me free of charge in return for my own thoughts & review on the book. My opinions are simply that, *MY* opinions.*