And however minutes since I had my phone session with my dietician and in that time I've done the following:
- Brought dairy into my diet after cutting it out for 3 years with horrible results. I'm officially dairy free for life, my body cannot handle dairy products in any shape, form or matter.
- I haven't been eating 3 meals & 2 snacks. Not even close truth be told.
- I haven't gained any weight, in fact, I'm getting close to where I was last summer which puts me underweight by almost 10lbs.
- I'm losing hair. Not like normal hair loss either... Too much.
- Haven't been taking my iron pills so my low iron is probably much lower than it was before because I'm thoroughly exhausted.
- Not getting in enough fat or fruit.
What I need to do:
- Buy calcium pills & take them daily.
- Take my iron pills daily.
- Eat 3 meals a day. (This is hard for me because there's only so much I can eat & get tired of eating the same things over & over again, so I don't bother. I cook for my husband & kids before myself then when I should be cooking for myself & eating I go on to do other things...)
- After I get in my 3 meals a day I'll work on bringing in snacks to my diet.
- Up my fat content somehow...
- Get in my 2 fruits a day, even if it's simply a cup of O.J.
I've been on the other end of the spectrum before as well, so I do know how hard losing extra pounds is and am now struggling with gaining. It's kind of ironic because I found losing weight easier for myself than gaining it. I cut out all the crap, switched to a whole foods diet & exercised hard for an hour daily and surely it came off! I lost 50lbs in a matter of about 6 months, but gaining a mere few lbs and actually keeping it on is proving to be quite the struggle! :(
I know that in the end it's about finally putting myself "first" which we as women, and especially mothers so often fail to do.
Are you struggling with your weight? Either to lose it or gain it? How do you make time to put your needs front & center?