Since our last two hydro bills were well over budget, I'm going to work really hard at bringing our hydro bill down next month! This TOU rate billing is killing us! :( From what I gather, everyone's bills have skyrocketed with this new billing system! "Manage Electricity costs"... Pft!! With our income dropping this month by $375 I need to really focus on keeping our bills down as much as I can!
Here's my plan:
- Bake bread at night before I go to bed.
- Use the oven only on the weekends. During the week I'll use our crock-pot, convection oven, stovetop.
- Start laundry at 7pm, and on weekends.
- Only use the dryer for undergarments & towels/washcloths. Hang everything else.
- Keep the heat off as long as possible. I turned it on for one day & night, but it's been off since. Everyone has new slippers, undershirts, etc... so we'll be layering to keep warm!
- Look for heavy duty curtains for the living room to keep heat in, cold out!
- Go through the house & unplug whatever isn't used regularly!
- Lights off unless absolutely needed.
- Put blankets on each couch & chair to snuggle under to help stay warm.
- Try not to run the dishwasher every night, my goal will be to use it only 3-4x week.
I hope this plan will help us get our bill down next month! I guess we'll see how we do in a months time!
Are you trying to bring down any bills? Do you have a "plan of action"?