As per my sewing tutorial poll, it looks like we'll be making a basic zippered pouch/wallet! :) The next choice was a mug rug, so once I get this tutorial up I'll post a mug rug tutorial shortly afterwards. So stay tuned if a zippy pouch wasn't your first choice.
I'm going to assume that those participating in this tutorial already know the basics of using a sewing machine, so I'm going to post the material list for fabric & notions then we'll go from there!
- Rotary trimmer (you could just use scissors if you can cut straight)
- Self healing mat
- Clear cutting ruler
- Sewing machine ;)
- 8" zipper
- Zipper foot (if you don't have one, it's still doable, just a little tougher is all!)
- Assorted smaller matching 100% cotton fabrics (this is a great scrap buster project!)
- A FQ (fat quarter) for inner pieces & backing.
- Batting or iron on interfacing for stability
- Small piece of thin ribbon or twine (optional)
I think that should cover it! Give me a few days to whip up my tutorial in photos, and I'll post a sneak peek photo soon! :)
Giveaway: Tell me an inspiring colour combo & if I use your combo, you'll win my tutorial project! :) 1 combo per person per comment please!