Note: Because these posts are photo heavy I'm going to do them in 3 parts... Hopefully that'll make downloading each post easier & faster.
I hope everyone has their materials list ready to go! Let's get started with the front & back panels!
1. Take your four 2.5 x 2.5" squares and lay them in a pleasing pattern. I placed my darks on between my lights to "balance" them out.
2. Sew them together using a 1/4" seam allowance.
3. They should look like this on the backside.
4. Now press your seams open & flat.
4. Take one of your long thin panels & pin "right side to right side" as shown.
5. Sew using a 1/4" seam allowance.
6.Repeat on the other side & your front panel should now look like this.
7. Flip over and press seams open & flat.
8. Take your front panel & pin it to batting as shown.
9. Top stitch the seams, quilt as desired.
You can see I decided to top-stitch the seams only. But feel free to be creative!
10. Now using your rotary trimmer & quilting ruler, trim up the sides evenly.
11. Now onto the back panel... Lay it on a piece of batting & quilt as desired.
12. I usually stick to a couple simple straight lines.
13. After you're done top stitching, trim evenly once again.
14. You should now have your front & back panels completed & be ready for Part 2!!
More coming soon.... :)