Ok.. Slight delay, Mya woke your with a fever & a sore ear, so back to the dr's we went. Verdict: Another ear infection & swollen glands. *sigh* At least I caught it early this time! We have the medicine so with any luck she doesn't get worse this time or pass it on to the other girls. As always, prayers are appreciated! :)
Anyways... Let's move on with this tutorial!
Part Two - Zipper & inner panels
1. If you have a zipper foot, put it on your machine. If not, don't fret, it's just a little more work but very doable still!
2. Lay your zipper face down on your front panel as shown.
3. Now lay one of your inner pieces RIGHT SIDE DOWN on top of the zipper and outer panel as shown. Pin in 3-4 different places.
4. Sew on top of the 2 pinned pieces over the zipper at about 1/4" in. Slowly removing the pins as you come to them. Try not to sew over your pins. It's really not a god idea. Trust me. ;)
If you don't have a zipper foot you'll need to adjust to move your fabric around the bulky part of the zipper & may not get a straight line. Please done worry about this, in the end, you'll never know!! ;)
5. It should now look like this:
6. Remove the pins & open your wallet...
7. Fold inner liner under front panel & press.
8. Lay your front panel with the zipper already sewn on RIGHT SIDE DOWN on top of the back panel. Right faces should be touching.
10. Repeat steps #4-7. Then open & press well, avoiding ironing the zipper! You don't want to melt any zipper teeth! lol!
11. When your wallet is right side up, it should look like this.
12. Now take your wallet panels and top stitch at 1/4" in on both sides as shown.
(*note, this part is optional, but I find it keeps the lining in place much better & gives the zipper a smoother flow.)
13. After you've done both sides it should look like this:
Congratulate yourself on completing the "tricky" part!!! :) Well done! I'll return shortly with Part 3! Stay tuned....
In cased you missed it: