Our last tutorial part ended with the zipper being completed, it's time now to finish the wallet! If anyone needs any help or advice along the way, please leave me a comment and I'll help as best I can!
Part 3 - Sewing it all together!
1. Open your zipper at least 1/2 way, but no more than 3/4 of the way.
2. Grasp the quilted outer panels as shown leaving the inner panels flat as shown.
3. Now grasp the inner panels with your other hand & lay flat as shown. The zipper should still be open!
4. a) Pin around the outer edges as shown.
b) Starting at point A. sew all the way around your wallet until you reach point B. Please be sure to back stitch when you start & finish to "seal" the stitch.
5. Remove pins as you sew...
7. You should have around a 3-4" opening. You need to be able to turn this right way out & get your fingers in there! lol!
8. Gather the fabric from a quilted corner and start shoving it out of that hole. Continue until it's completely right side out.
9. It'll be Bunche like this. Now you'll need to poke out your corners. Gently using a pen with a lid or something like that, shove the pen (LID ON!) into the hole of your lining & gently push out your corners making sure they're squared out.
10. Open it up & give it a quick press, again being sure to avoid the zipper.
11. Pull out your inner lining & press flat, being sure the material by the opening is tucked under & in! It should look like ths:
12. Now carefully top stitch this opening close as close to the seam as you can. Front & back stitch at both ends to seal.
13. Tuck your lining back into your wallet & zip closed. Insert both ends of the ribbon into your zipper hole & pull tight. Trim the ends on an angle.
14. You should now have a fully completed zipper wallet!! :)
15. Now that you know how to make a fast & simple "patchwork zippy wallet", make a bunch to give as gifts to friends & family! :)
If you missed the other parts they can be found here:
If you found this tutorial helpful, please share on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc... Thank-you! :)
If you decide to give my zippy patchwork wallet tutorial a whirl, please link me & let me know so I can come take a peek & see your gorgeous creations!! :)
New mug rug tutorial coming soon! Stay tuned!!