It's been quite the few days here let me tell you... but amidst the high fevers, the vomiting, the body aches, the coughing, etc... there are still blessings to be found..
- Everyone woke up fever free this morning!
- Maria & Mya slept right right through the night. Well Mya till 5am, but she did go to bed early, and slept a bit after 5a.m.
- Morgan slept much better last night, waking only twice after no sleep the night before.
- Ed's fevers seem to be much lower now, and although I did call in for him last night, he's returning to work tonight.
- This illness has not affected my asthma at all, I haven't had to take my inhaler even once! My chest cough hurts soo much, but still, no inhaler needed!
- Hubby missed quite a bit of work and it's going to really hurt come the next payday, he may get a $0.00 paycheck next Thursday, but thankfully we have extra $$ in the bank to cover this.
- The girls actually have enough energy to play downstairs for the first time in 3 days.
- The house is an absolute disaster, but thankfully I don't see this is a "big thing" anymore, my husband & family are far more important than kleenex on the floor, juice boxes here & there, piles of "stuff" everywhere, loads of laundry waiting to be tackled.
- With hubby being as sick as he is, he still woke throughout the night to check up on me & the girls and make sure I had drinks, etc...
- Dallas woke me up 2x last night smashing things around in the kitchen and I had the grace to let him live. (I deserve an award for this I think!!)
- My BFF offered to come over and take care of us so I could rest. Crazy girl that she is! lol! I said no, the last thing she needs or wants, is what we all have! ;)
- My father-in-law drove us to the dr's & pharmacy/grocery store, saving us a small fortune in cab fare.
- The only thing we've ran out of in the house is bread, and that's only because i've had no energy to make it. Our freezer & cupboards are nicely filled. We are blessed!
- I think I may actually be able to cook up a real dinner tonight, with real food and all! ;)
- I was able to stop Mya's chest infection from turning into the croup with her cool mist vaporizer & steamy shower treatments 3x day. (dreading our water bill this month.. haha!)
Well i'm off for now... i'm going to slowly move about my day, bake a couple loaves of bread, do a load of laundry or two, plan something for dinner, and perhaps even pick up a random kleenex or two. ;)
What are you thankful for today?
Ps - Don't forget about my little giveaway... the winner will be posted tonight!