It's time for "5 Things Friday"... the day where my post can make even less sense than usual, and that's ok. ;) lol!
1. Back to the Dr's? Everyone seems to be on the mend here, however, Morgan still has a very deep cough that makes her sound like a Canada Goose. I'm not sure if I should just wait a bit longer & see how it goes, or go see if there's something else going on. There's no fever present, just that annoying, loud, honking cough coming from a 15 yr old girls body instead of an old man. What would you do? Back to the Dr's or wait it out a bit longer? Maybe i'll just speak to the pharmacist... ? I need a 24 hr on call nurse/Dr. to answer all my questions and tend to my needs I think! lol!! ;)
2. Another tutorial? I'm thinking of posting another tutorial sometime late in the next month or so... Any suggestions as to what you'd like to see? Or perhaps you'd like to see something else sewing related instead that you could use some help with?
3. Where's my Sunshine?! I don't have S.A.D. or anything per say.... but boy, i'm not a winter person in the least, and it makes it hard to get much done when it's been soo dark & gloomy outside each & every single day. I haven't seen the sun in forever... it's just so "blah" out there all the time now. Looks like February instead of January! Even just a few hours of the sun would be sooo nice! A little gift from above! Anyone else miss the sun?
4. I've been thinking about my non-resolutions. With it being right after Christmas, and seeing how much 'stuff' we all really have, i'm going to make myself a "mini goal" to not buy any "stuff" until April when the girls have their next Birthdays. Then i'll probably buy them one new toy gift and probably a nice outfit for spring, but up until then, nope. So, no little 'treats', no 'toys', no 'clothes', etc... if we actually need something for the house, fine, but other than that. I don't want to spend money to bring more stuff into the house that is non-consumable. I'm going to adjust the budget accordingly for the next few months. I'll have to let hubby know of my little goal as he often likes to surprise me & the girls with little gifts!
*One exception, I received a generous G.C. from a friend that i'm excited to use, but i'm going to think on that purchase and make sure it's something needed!*
5. Sewing "To Do" list. My sewing list consists of the following....
A mug rug:
A "Hexie Budget Wallet"...
I also need to do the following:
- Fabric sample photo to SIL
- Fabric sample photo for iPad case order
- Coffee sleeve for friend
- Coffee sleeve & ? for swap
- Something "blue & purple" for customer
- Clean off my sewing table
- 2 matching wrist straps for custom wallets (waiting on the hardware)
- Begin Morgan's Dr.Suess quilt top
- and i'm not sure what else... i'll have to check my list and see what i'm forgetting!
And I think that concludes my "Friday 5" for today! I'm off to feed hubby and get dressed as I have a bit of running around to do this morning and i'd like to get it done & out of the way! I need to get a new "detailed" receipt for Morgan's eyewear for insurance purposes, grab some cough drops & cough/cold syrup for Grandma as she seems to have picked up a bad cold from somewhere. Then home to be productive!
Have a wonderful day!! :)
What are your Friday 5?