- I earned a $5.00 Gift Card by shipping with FedEx over the last month. I had no idea they even had a promo going on, but by shipping a couple pkg's with them through this Canada Post mess I earned one! I received an email today telling me about it, so once I receive it, I'll tuck it aside and save it as a stocking stuffer!
- I said "no" to the girls. They really wanted me to order Pizza Pizza for dinner tonight, but I told them I had used up most of this week's budget and there was not enough left in our budget for ordering in. In turn Mya piped up, "you spent ALL the money in your bank account too!?!", (oh ye of little faith) which she then got a little spiel about "that money is for other stuff like bills". LOL! Since we're all saving up for a house/moving expenses they're interested in "how much we have" so when I do my budgeting, they tend to look over my should to see "how much" we have. This saved me a good $35.00 I'd say!
- I decided to use our weekly budget to purchase an upcoming birthday & Christmas gift instead of taking it from our slush fund - where it would usually come out of. We didn't have a very spendy week so our budget went far this week!
- I made a couple purchases on Amazon this week and went through Ebates each time to earn cash back on my purchases for the double cash back event!! Love Ebates!! I've earned $338.11 with Ebates since I've been a member! They pay out in CASH every few months straight to my Paypal account! It's *well worth* looking into & joining if you shop online!
- We've been eating all of our leftovers! I've been trying to hard to stay on top of this as I hate food waste! We spend so much on food so to feed it to the garbage can is unfortunate! Mya ate retried spaghetti for a few days 'cause she loves it so much. Taco meat was used on tacos and in eggs. Leftover pork was used in savoury pancakes. All saving us money on our grocery bill in the end!
And those are my "Five Frugal Things" for the week, not bad!
What are your Five Frugal Things for the week?