I'm a little late posting for "Happy Homemaker Monday" with the lovely and crazy talented Sandra today, but I've been sewing up a storm today with a few gorgeous new EO pouches as I'm trying to build up some stock on my sewing page now that I'm up & running again!
Anyway, let's get this show on the road shall we?
The Weather: It's been kind of chilly'ish here the last few days but today it's actually quite nice at 20c, although I'm always cold so this is jeans weather for me... *blush* And because we're right on the ocean, the breeze is always cool. It's supposed to be a gorgeous week so I plan on enjoying it and being out & about lots this week!
Right now I am: Sitting on the couch with my feet up, listening to the wind rustling and the crickets outside, some music playing in the background somewhere, but other than that, it's peaceful & quiet. Dinner for Dh is cooking as he likes to eat early when he works that night whereas I eat far too late in the evening.
Reading Pile: I'm finally going to start reading "The Magnolia Story" tonight which was a generous gift from a friend! I was "intending" on reading it on the train, but the scenery was far too beautiful to ignore, so no reading was accomplished. I love this show, it's my favourite and try to watch when I catch it on tv...
Movies or Shows I watched this weekend: I'm not much of a movie or tv watcher honestly, too much to do to waste time in front of the tv. However, I have been watching "Stranger Things" with Dh & child #2. We just finished watching the first season and it's pretty good! The next season comes out on Halloween so I know what we'll be watching after the kids are in bed!
On my Tv: When I have time, I get one of the kids to put it on HGTV for me. I've watched it a few times in the last month and I can see how it would be easy to dwindle your days away in front of the tv... haha! However, other than a few shows before our moving truck arrived, nothing.
On the Menu for the week: I have lots of food in the house, but my menu plan is lacking because I *REALLY* need to unpack my new Instapot and learn how to use it so I can make some fabulous meals in it!! Maybe I'll crack it out tomorrow & see if I can figure it out!
On my "To Do" list: For the rest of today I'd like to cross the following off my list:
- Scrub downstairs bathroom.
- Help girls tidy & organize their bedroom. The girls had an idea that Mya just uses their dresser that's in the basement since she showers all the time and her clothes being in the basement (it's completely finished) totally works for her, and Mya will have the closet upstairs. We'll hang up as much as we can and use baskets for socks & underwear and pj's.
- Put laundry away from basket in living room.
- Unpack my clothing boxes & hang up pants, shirts, sweaters etc... on my shelf I'll fold my pjs, and I need to buy or even better, find, a couple baskets for my socks and underthings! Since Dh is using the dresser, it's right full with no space for my things. I'd rather make use of the closet rather than purchase another dresser. So that's my goal tonight after he leaves for work.
- Fold down boxes & get Dh to bring to the mini barn when he gets home from work in the morning.
- Pull fabrics for chapstick keyfobs. I hope to use fabric scraps for these, so I'll see what I can find from my scrap bin first!
What I am sewing:
As mentioned above, my "Perfect Essential Oil Pouches"... this one is RTS (Ready to Ship), feel free to comment or email if you'd like to claim it.
Looking around the house: I'm doing really well with getting the house completely unpacked & organized from our 2200km move from Ontario to Cape Breton, NS. The odd box and more organizing needs done but I'm confident that I'll have it done top to bottom by the end of September! As per one of my goals for the month!
From the camera:
From my iPod actually... the cat enjoying the sunshine & scenery and watching the crows and seagulls fly around...
What I'm wearing today: My stretchy Silver denim capris' with my favourite baggy Roots tshirt that I've worn about 100x this summer... lol! I'll be sad when it's threadbare, but at least there are tank tops to layer with at that point! LOL!!
One of my simple pleasures: Walking to the ocean with my kids any time we'd like to now. It's so peaceful and revitalizing...
Inspirational quote, Bible verse, anything you want to share:
And that's it for today! I'm going to go finish crossing things off of my "to do" list! Have a wonderful day & thanks for stopping by!